2007 All Star Team Info and Letter of Intent
Form/Document for Procedure:
2007 Letter of Intent
- Swimmers must be currently registered and in good standing as a year-round swimmer with Central California Swimming.
- Swimmers must be United States citizens or hold a permanent resident visa (except high school foreign exchange students).
- Funding by Central California Swimming for both the Zone and All-Star meets will be determined annually by the House of Delegates.
All-Star Team Information
- For the annual CCS All-Star Team, eight females and eight males will be selected in each age group by the CCS All-Star coaching staff. A minimum of six swimmers in each gender/age group will be selected strictly by lowest point totals based on place in their top six events at the All-Star Selection Meet. Only events contested at the All-Star Meet will be considered. In case of a tie for sixth place, the swimmer with the lowest points in their best event will have priority. If they are still tied, then the top two events will be scored. If they remain tied, both swimmers will be selected and one wild card will be selected as below. If three swimmers are tied for sixth, selection will proceed as above and if they remain tied, no wild cards will be selected. If greater than three swimmers remain tied, selection will be by consensus vote of the All-Star coaching staff. In a limited number of cases, senior level CCS athletes will be considered for the All-Star Team based on results from out-of-area competitions. These swimmers must submit a signed letter of intent to participate on the All-Star Team by the deadline for the All-Star Q meet. Two swimmers in each gender/age group may be selected as "wild cards" by a consensus vote of the CCS All-Star coaching staff.
- The coaching staff will be selected by the head coach who is appointed by the Age Group Vice-Chair.
- Ten and under swimmers will be encouraged to travel with the team, but may travel with a parent or other designated adult.
- For out of LSC meets, all team members, except ten and under swimmers who are traveling with a parent or other adult, shall travel and be housed together as a team, under coach and chaperone supervision and be bound by team rules and the CCS Code of Conduct.
- Travel to meets within the LSC will be determined based on the location of the meet.
2006 Team Information
- The annual CCS All Star Q meet will be held January 13-14, 2007 at the Clovis West High School. This meet will serve as the selection meet for the 2007 CCS All-Star team. The selection criteria and travel policy are attached. 10 & under swimmers may travel with their parents or with the team. The meet will be at the Rancho Bernardo High School pool. It is two days with 3 individual and 2 relay events per day for each swimmer. The All Star packet will be available to each team and on the CCS web site to be completed by those selected. Cost: $100 per swimmer.
- Swimmers will travel by bus or van on Friday afternoon 1/19/07 departing from Clovis West High School and then pick up at Visalia Holiday Inn and then Bakersfield Double Tree Inn. We will return Sunday afternoon 1/21/07.
- All swimmers must complete and sign the Letter Of Intent and mail or bring it to Dr. Wright no later than the completion of the All-Star Q meet.