Download Meet Events
Using Hy-Tek Team Manager for Windows (Win-TM)
- From Windows Explorer, identify the folder, which contains your WinTM program. (Standard installation creates a directory titled "Hy-sport" in your C drive, and the WinTM program and data files are in this directory in a folder appropriately titled WinTM). Highlight the WinTM folder and from the file menu, select 'new', 'folder' and name the new folder 'event downloads'.
- Go to CCS website & click on Swim Meets.
- On the left, click on the Meet Schedule button.
- Scroll down to the desired meet on the schedule & click on Event File.
- Select 'Save this file to disk' from the Windows File Download popup window, and click OK.
- You will see a 'Save as' popup window giving you the choice of where you wish to save the download. Using the dropdown bar, move to your 'results downloads' folder and save the file(s) there. From the 'save as' window, you will be able to identify both the 'file name' and the 'file type'. If the downloaded file is a .HYV file, you are ready to import into Team Manager and you can skip the next step.
- If the downloaded file is a ZIP file (one which is compressed to consume less space on the website) you will have to un-zip it. A zipped file will be identified in 'file type' as Aladdin Stuffit Archive. (If you forget to look at the file type while the 'save as' window is open, you can identify the file type via Windows Explorer. To un-zip your downloaded file, return to Windows Explorer, find your 'results downloaded' folder and right-click once on the file name. Select 'Expand' by left-clicking once. Aladdin will un-zip the file and create a new file with the .HYV identity.
- From the main WinTM screen click on 'File', scroll to 'Import' and click on 'Meet Events'. The 'Import Meet Events' window will open allowing you to select the drive (normally c:) from which to import. OK will produce a 'Select Events File to Import' window from which you can find and select your 'event downloads' folder. Double-click on the folder to open; highlight the appropriate *.HYV file; and click OK. This will return you to the 'Import Meet Events' window with the text describing the data selected and instructions to 'click OK to begin importing'. Click OK.
- Once the meet event data has been imported, click 'Meets' from the main WinTM toolbar. You should find the newly imported meet titled exactly as the host team designated. Highlight the meet and click 'Edit' on the left-hand toolbar. This will allow you to view the specifics of the meet including dates, location, course, etc. Once you're satisfied that you're looking at the correct meet, click OK to return to the 'Meets' window. From 'Meets' click on 'Events' on the left-hand toolbar. If you have the meet information sheet, spot-check several events to insure the numbers and events correspond prior to entering your athletes. (This is not entirely necessary, but one should be absolutely certain that all data and events were included on the report you have now downloaded).
Congratulations, you are now ready to enter your swimmers in the appropriate events and submit a 'paperless' entry to the host team!